Friday, May 17, 2013

Ask Before You Shop


Day 32


I needed  to buy one of those cheap umbrella strollers. This summer we will be travelling and the big day-to-day stroller will just be too bulky to lug around at airports and cruise terminals.

I saw a good candidate for purchase at WalMart for $14. I also saw another stroller that would fit the bill at Babies R Us for $19. But then I casually brought up the fact that I was looking for an umbrella stroller while I was out with some friends and it turns out that a friend of mine was trying to sell her old umbrella stroller on Craigslist for $4. I stopped by to see her the next day and sure enough, there in the garage, was a suitable umbrella stroller. It still had some of the packaging on the footrest of the stroller. In other words, it was practically new. And her kids hadn’t used it in years.

She wanted to give it to me, but since she did have it listed on Craigslist for $4, I gave her the money and left with my “new” travel stroller.

SAVINGS TO DATE: - $ 478.69  (previous total + $10 saved off retail)

 TIME SPENT TODAY: - 0

No comments:

Post a Comment