Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Taste of Free


Day 12

Today I scored a truly free item, and it felt so good. I went to the Dollar Tree and got a Maybelline Lipstick ($1) with a $1 coupon. Then, I went to the frozen food section, and got a frozen burrito ($1) with a $ coupon, then I purchased 2 Palmolive dish soap containers for $1 each with a $0.25 coupon.

But the Palmolive soap for $0.75 was boring.

I was excited about the lipstick and the burrito. They were totally free. And it made me hunger for more free items.
 

I learned an important lesson also. A good couponer has to wait in order to pounce on the best deal. I could have easily used that $1 coupon for the lipstick at a regular retailer. I would have saved money off of the regular retail price. But I wouldn’t have gotten it free. So today I learned to WAIT.

SAVINGS TO DATE: - $ 203.08   (previous total + $2.50 saved off retail at Dollar Tree)

 TIME SPENT TODAY: - 0 (This was a regular trip out)

1 comment: