Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Smile! It's Picture Day!


Day 10


I just love taking my girls to get their pictures taken. And since my firstborn is 6 years old, I have had plenty of time to try a lot of photo studios. The one that I find to be the best deal, is JC Penny.

JC Penny has a portrait club that costs around $40 (check your area- I hear that this varies from store to store but the 2 stores I called both quoted this price) but often they have coupons that bring this initial membership cost down to $30. You do not need to be a member to get you pictures taken there, but the membership entitles you to free sitting fee’s for your family for 2 years. I mean your whole family. Since the sitting fees are typically 9.99 per person, just coming in with multiple people in one appointment makes this membership quite valuable. Membership also gives you other promotional goods such as a free sheet of images and a free enhanced image. And if you chose to be on their e-mail list, they send you even more discounts on packages and prints. Some coupons can even be combined with portrait club perks so be sure to read the fine print and enjoy!

In the past, I have taken my daughter to JC Penny in her school uniform and done alternative “school photos” there. It is much cheaper than the pictures offered through the local schools and it gives me a chance to be there and comb her hair. This option also allows me to have several poses to choose from. Since I do get a copy of her actual school picture in the yearbook, I don’t mind not purchasing the actual school photos from the school photographer and going to JC Penny instead.

But today I took my girls in for a nice spring photo. I used my portrait club membership and a coupon that I printed from my e-mail and saved $67.00 total. For $11 I had a photo sitting for my 2 girls and I purchased 6 sheets of varying sized photographs. Amazing.
$11 Got me a lot of great shots! Now to buy Frames!

 
 
SAVINGS TO DATE: - $ 181.66   (previous total =+ $67 saved off price of photos and session today)

 TIME SPENT TODAY: - 0 (I went to a regular photo appointment)

No comments:

Post a Comment