Friday, April 26, 2013

The Coupon That Burns a Hole in my Pocket


Day 11


Today Facebook prompted me to try an App called “Wrapped.” Wrapped is an app that allows you to send gift cards to your friends. And it also has deals for free gift cards if you first send them to a pre-determined number of friends.

Today, I was offered $6 at H&M if I simply downloaded the app. So I did. And I got the gift card. It was good until the end of the month.

But I couldn’t stop thinking about my $6 gift card. It was “burning a hole in my pocket,” as my dad used to say.

So I headed to the mall.

At H&M there was a clearance rack that boasted 50% off already reduced prices. And it was full of long sleeved T’s. This immediately caught my eye because I need long sleeve T’s. The spring here has been so cold and I am out of long sleeve shirts since mine got worn out over the winter. I picked up 2 tops at $7 each+50% off. The total for the two shirts was $7 and I paid with my $6 gift card.
WOW!
 

I got two shirts and I paid $1.08. This was a BIG WIN.

SAVINGS TO DATE: - $ 200.58   (previous total + $18.92 saved off regular price of shirts)

 TIME SPENT TODAY: - 1 (I spent 1 hour shopping and driving to and from the mall)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have become the Queen of Couponing! Two shirts from H&M for only $1. Your blog is wonderful with great tips and tricks for couponing.

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete