Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Couponing Rule to Live By


Day 22


I received another circular from the pharmacy last night in the mail and decided to do another one of my planned shopping trips using the steps from my blog entry on Day 18. This time it went a lot quicker. Only about 15 minutes. I settled on 5 items. I spent $7.16 and saved over $14 off retail.

I also learned an important lesson: I should not spend more than 0.50 on shampoo and conditioner.

I used to run out of shampoo and conditioner and then on a pinch I would pick some up at the Dollar store and think that I was getting a great deal. But the quality of the shampoo I was getting was not that good, and the quantity was somewhat less than the quantity I would get at a regular drug store. Now with coupons, I have amassed a small stockpile of brand name shampoos and conditioners and haven’t paid more than $0.75 for any of them.

So if I were to compile a list of rules in couponing, I would have to say that shampoo is one of those items that, with a little planning, you can almost always score deep savings on.

 
I will never pay full price for shampoo again.
 
May daughter has a cold, this will be gone in no time.
 
Seriously a good deal- especially since this is great
on sensitive skin.
 
The cashier actually commented on how well I did on this trip!


SAVINGS TO DATE: - $ 346.10   (previous total + 14.57 saved)

 TIME SPENT TODAY: - 20 minutes  (15 minutes planning and 5 shopping).

No comments:

Post a Comment