Saturday, May 4, 2013

H&M…AGAIN!


 Day 19


My “Wrapp” iPhone App sent me a coupon for $10 off any purchase at H&M. If you recall, I had a $5 off coupon like this last month, also from Wrapp.

Thank goodness they sent me another one. I have been so discouraged by the amount of time that foes into couponing that I needed an easy, fun and deep saving trip.

And my shirts from my last H&M trip are holding up wonderfully. So today it was time to get more. I bought 2 long sleeved striped t-shirts.

Shirt #1 original price was $12.95

Shirt #2 original price was $17.95

Total: $30.90

Both were on clearance so I got 50% off, bringing my total to $15.45. Then I got an additional percentage off because they were redlines (I think this means final clearance). I have no idea what that additional percentage was, but my total came out to $11.00 pre-tax. With my $10 off coupon, I spent $1.07.

$1.07 for two long sleeved shirts.

But here is the fun part:  I bought some pretty bright colored shirts that I probably would not have purchased if they were not practically free. Because if I had been spending actual money on these items I would have forced myself to buy more muted colors. Something more practical that could be worn with more of the clothes I already own. This may sound boring- but that’s just me. If I am buying something, I want to be sure that it is going to actually get some use.

But if I am using a coupon, it gives my relentlessly practical self a chance to step out of my comfort zone. This is the surprising thing I did not expect from couponing- the chance to try new things.
This is the kind of day that makes me glad I took
on this project!

I promise- I'm telling the truth!!
 

SAVINGS TO DATE: - $ 285.33   (previous total + $29.83 saved at H&M)

 TIME SPENT TODAY: - 1 Hour (Walking around the store and relaxing).

No comments:

Post a Comment