Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Birthday Bliss & Trashy Savings


Day 16

Today is my daughter’s birthday. And tomorrow is her party. And so I have been running around buying things at full retail. I just haven’t had the foresight to plan way in advance and use coupons to get everything, but I know deep down inside I could have done it.

So I need to start planning and stockpiling in order to not get caught off guard at the next family event.

In the meantime, I have been running around doing quite a bit of shopping. And because of the harried nature of my trips, I have been forgetting to bring my canvas shopping bag. But this has allowed me to amass a lot of plastic shopping bags, which I have been using to line the little waste bins throughout the house. And I have gotten a few big enough to line the 13 gallon bin that we use to leave out by the front door when they come around to collect the trash. A lot of people buy trash bags. We rarely do. I suppose that is saving money, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment