Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Return Visit: A coupon Strategy


Day 27


I went to Banana Republic today armed with a coupon that was sent to me via e-mail for 30% off. My husband needed work shirts. The shirts he typically buys are around $50, but today, I decided to splurge and buy the shirts that retail for $79.50. With my coupon, the nicer shirts came out to $55.65, or roughly the price of the cheaper shirts. My husband was genuinely appreciative. It was nice to be able to treat him…and still spend about the same amount of money that we usually would!

Banana Republic offers discounts for teachers. If you are a teacher or school administrator, bring your valid school ID to Banana republic and they will take 15% off regular priced styles. Although I am an educator, I rarely use this discount because I am also signed up for their e-mails, which often yields me deeper discounts.

The "nicer" shirt.
 

They also often offer coupons when you purchase something, offering 40% off a regular priced item on certain specified Wednesdays. If you are planning to purchase an expensive item, it is worth going in to purchase something less expensive first, so that you can get the 40% off coupon. Consider visiting the same rack over the weekend, and then return to the store the following Wednesday to use the 40% off coupon they gave you for the sale purchase.

I should seriously learn how to turn these photos
the right way. But look at that Total Discount-
You can see the savings no matter how the photo is
positioned!
 

SAVINGS TO DATE: - $ 445.69  (previous total + $47.70 saved off retail)

 TIME SPENT TODAY: - 5 minutes (Printing the coupon from my e-mail).

No comments:

Post a Comment