Wednesday, May 8, 2013

BOGO- What a Beautiful Thing!


Day 23


We eat a lot of seafood in my family. I prepare seafood two to three times a week. So when I saw Buy one get one free seafood items in the Winn Dixie circular this week, I had to go stock up. They also had toilet paper and paper towels on sale, which I coupled with my coupons. I planned this trip rather quickly, using an abbreviated version of my item by item method described on Day 18, and since the circular was only 2 pages, it only took me about 20 minutes.
 

But it is a good thing I did scan the circular, because I almost missed a great sale/coupon combination in deodorant. It was so good, that even though I forgot to purchase the deodorant in my first transaction, I went back into the store (a feat made difficult because I had to return to the store with my baby who thought the shopping was over). But I got the deodorant.

2 sticks of deodorant- regular price 2.99 on sale for 0.99 each= total 2.00 and I had a $2 off of 2 coupon. SO they were free. And I only paid 0.12 tax.

 

This made me smile. Even if the baby was wailing in the stroller.

SAVINGS TO DATE: - $ 363.28   (previous total + $25.27 saved off retail and .50 earned in fuel perks- since I have a 10 gallon car + 2.99 x 2 saved on deodorant)

 TIME SPENT TODAY: - 1 Hour (planning and shopping).

No comments:

Post a Comment